StackPros Inc. is seeking a candidate for a full-time role with its Data Systems team in Toronto, ON.
The Head of Data Systems will play a key role at StackPros, required to help create and maintain industry-leading quality and efficiency of service and software delivery.
StackPros will rely on the Head of Data Systems with the ownership of the Data Systems team, including mentoring and supporting the entire Data Systems team. The successful candidate will be expected to meet and exceed StackPros’ quality standards, while helping the organization rapidly expand into increasingly complex application development, data engineering, and related workflows.
Ownership of StackPros’ Data Systems Business Unit:
- Build and grow your team’s capabilities and expertise to be truly platform-agnostic, ever-adapting based on opportunity and business direction
- Lead thorough audits of clients’/prospects’ Data Systems, and other associated platforms and technologies as applicable
- Provide proactive recommendations, identifying areas of opportunity and/or improvement for clients based on their underlying business objectives and goals
- Maintain continuous focus on work output quality and reliability, acting as the champion of customer satisfaction in a proactive manner
- Act as StackPros’ primary Data Systems expert, ensuring to maintain and continuously grow personal expertise, and sharing information with other StackPros team members, client stakeholders and prospects
- Collaborate with, support, and work closely with the Digital Ecosystems Business unit to ensure efficient workflow, and realize cross-functional opportunities and enhancements
- Maintain responsibility for the Business Unit’s growth and success, continuously developing existing engagements, optimizing resourcing and prospecting
- Be dedicated to the success and happiness of your team members, optimizing workflow, enabling their personal growth, and acting as a strong team leader overall
Instilling Development Best Practices and Skills/Procedures Advancement
- Establishing, maintaining and evolving Development and Developer Operations (DevOps) best practices and tools, and continuously keeping them aligned with current industry best practices and procedures
- Understanding, implementing and automating security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation frameworks
- Contributing to deployment tooling within the StackPros team, with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.
- Contributing to version control technology frameworks and creating/implementing working processes within the Data Systems team, with tools such as Git or SVN
- Migrating the delivery of the most common/universally applicable solutions from custom projects to formally productized software solutions
- Advocating for building repeatability, scalability and standardization into how the StackPros Data Systems team approaches all work, in order to enable the future migration to productization as a general rule
Data Engineering-Specific Responsibilities:
- Participate in continuous delivery pipelines to fully automate deployment of the highly available cloud platform that supports multiple projects
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets to be used in data visualization tools
- Write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate and manipulate data extracts
- Perform end to end Data Validation to maintain accuracy of data sets
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in the development, test and production environments
- Develop re-usable processes that can be leveraged and standardized for multiple instances
- Prepare technical specifications and documentation for projects
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes
Support for affiliated organization, StackPros
- Maintain a “dotted line” leadership role over the StackPros Data Systems function, maintaining necessary barriers to protect StackPros’ client privacy while helping to optimize and improve the Data Systems function within StackPros
- Should a Head of Data Systems be put in place at StackPros in the future, this support would be directed toward direct collaboration with that individual
- StackPros’ management will enable you to set formal standards and processes which the StackPros Data Systems team will be required to adhere to
Contribution to corporate strategy
- Actively and proactively play a key role in steering StackPros and affiliated companies, considering market developments, competitive maneuvers, unique opportunities, etc.
- You will be expected to both bring new ideas to the table and assist other corporate leaders in vetting/developing concepts and tactics
- Identification and tracking of performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating members of the Data Systems team. Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating and owning performance evaluations for direct reports and Data Systems group
- Maintain and exceed client satisfaction with StackPros Inc.’s deliverables, day-to-day work and overall value as a partner
- Adapt to ever-changing client needs and expectations
- Maintain dedication toward achieving excellence in StackPros Inc.’s delivery against client needs, and overall success as an organization
- Ability to provide clear guidance and support for advanced problem solving and system design to large teams at enterprise-level client companies, aiding the evolution if their digital practices
- Python, SQL, Cloud Computing and AWS experience a must.
- 4+ years experience in Data Engineering
- Understanding of digital ecosystems including online data collection, cloud systems and analytics tools (Google Stack, Facebook, AWS, Salesforce, Adobe Suite etc.) a strong asset
- Strong technical understanding of a range of marketing concepts such as cookie-based data collection, setting and leveraging audience segments, attribution modelling, AB/N & multivariate
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are essential; candidate should be comfortable presenting and participating in group discussions of concepts with internal and external stakeholders
- Candidate must exhibit an analytical, detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Experience with Jira / Atlassian project management tools is an asset
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 100% employer-paid benefits package
- Regular Lunch and Learns from your Team Mates
- Monthly yoga and meditation classes
- Fun Employee Events and Activities
- Participation in Community Engagement