The General Accountant will play a key role at StackPros Inc., where we design, create, deploy, maintain and grow industry-leading Cloud Infrastructure, Big Data Analytics, and Cloud For Marketing products, solutions, and services. This job will have a salary range of $55K – $65K per year.
Hi, I’m Maaz Ahmed and I am the Finance Manager at Stackpros & DRVN intelligence. In my role, I am responsible for leading the Finance function. I have recently joined, and I am looking to build a world-class Finance Team to support Stackpros & DRVN intelligence’s growth plans. I am pleased to say that working here has made a positive impact on my career. Our culture is amazing, which has been founded on our core values (Unity, Integrity, Expertise & Empowerment).
I am looking for a General Accountant to join the Finance team, as part of the BOPS department. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help me build out the foundational Finance function at Stackpros & DRVN Intelligence. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to get hands-on quality experience in all areas of Finance and Accounting. I am hopeful that the experience you will gain here will help you fast track your career trajectory and help support my vision of a true Finance function. Thank you for applying for this position, I look forward to meeting each of the candidates and discovering your unique talents.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements, management reports, and help with budgets & forecasts.
- Actively maintain A/R and A/P by collecting payments from customers, following up on receivables, making bank deposits, and preparing and coordinating payments to vendors.
- Reconciling bank accounts & credit cards weekly/monthly, with appropriate backups.
- Recognize revenue and reconcile all balance sheet accounts for all legal entities.
- Complete common adjustment entries for month-end closing, fixed assets, prepaid etc.
- Prepare sales tax returns and assist in corporate tax filing/provision entries.
- Assist with ad hoc cost analysis on department expense lines.
- Update weekly cash flow outlook model.
- Assist in building procedures and processes from the ground up, while improving on current procedures to create a more nimble Accounting and Finance function.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum enrolled in the Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) program or has completed all CPA exams.
- Willing to learn and understand what it means to work at a Startup.
- Is familiar with accounting systems like Xero or QuickBooks.
- Professional working experience 3 months – 2 years.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoints or Google Sheets & Slides.
- Great communication and attention to detail skills.
Nice to have
- Some project accounting knowledge or SAAS experience.
- Understands or has experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables.
- Has been part of the month end closing process or knows how the process works.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and management reporting.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- “Work from anywhere” in Canada policy
- 100% employer-paid benefits package
- Monthly yoga and meditation classes
- Regular Lunch and Learns from your Team Mates
- Fun and Frequent Employee Events and Activities
- Participation in Community Engagement